State Civil Services Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Friends MPPSC generally conducts State Civil Services Exam in three stages: Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Final Interview. Preliminary Exam contains Objective Type Question whereas Mains is a written Examination. For your convenience we are providing you with complete details of Examination Pattern and Syllabus (परीक्षा पाठ्यक्रम) of State Civil Services Exam. It includes all details such as subjects of papers, duration of exam and maximum numbers. Please find the details of State Civil Services Exam Pattern and Syllabus mentioned below:
Plan of Examination
The combined competitive examination comprises following stages:
(1) Preliminary Exam - (Objective types) for selection of candidates for Main Examination, and
(2) Main Exam - (written and interview) for selection of candidates for the various categories of services and posts.
We will discuss about both Exams in details below:
I. Preliminary Exam: The preliminary examination will consist of two papers of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each paper will be set in accordance with the scheme given below:
1. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only. On the basis of marks obtained in this examination candidates are declared qualified for Main Examination. Final selection list will be prepared only on the basis of marks obtained in Main Examination and Interview.
2. (A) Both the question papers will be of objective type (multiple choice questions). Each question will have four probable answers grouped under A, B, C and D of which only one will be the correct answer. The candidate is required to record in the answer book, only A, B, C or D as may be adjudged by him to be the correct answer.
(B) Each question papers will consist of 100 questions of 2 marks each. The total marks for each paper will be 200 and time duration for each paper will be of 2 hours.
(C) Details of the syllabi for General Studies and General Aptitude Test of Preliminary examination as specified in Appendix-II.
(D) Each question paper will be in Hindi and English.
3. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main Examination will be about Fifteen times the total number of vacancies to be filled in various categories of services and posts as indicated in the advertisement. Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the preliminary examination under a particular advertisement will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination. To be eligible for main examination, candidates must secure a minimum of 40% marks in each question paper of preliminary examination. For Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe/ Other Backward Class and Handicapped Candidates the minimum qualifying marks will be 30 %.
II. Main Examination: Main Examination will consist of a written examination and an interview test.
(1) Written Examination: The Written examination will consist of seven papers of conventional essay type questions as given below:-
A. Compulsory Papers:
B. Optional Papers:
List of Optional Papers for Main Examination:
Code No. Subject
02 Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
09 Civil Engineering
10 Electrical Engineering
11 Mechanical Engineering
12 Commerce & Accountancy
17 Political Science and International Relations
18 Public Administration
20 Criminology and Forensic Science
24 Hindi literature
25 English literature
26 Sanskrit literature
27 Urdu literature
29 Military Science
2. Interview Test:The interview test will carry 250 marks.
Note: Qualifying marks for interview for unreserved candidates will be at least 33% marks in each paper and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/ Other
Backward Class and Physically Handicapped categories, these minimum qualifying
marks would be 23%.
(1) Each paper will be of three hours duration.
(2) The question papers for the examination will be of conventional essay type.
(3) (a) Question papers other than language papers will be both in Hindi and English. Question papers of engineering subjects will be only in English.
(b) The candidates will have the option to answer the question papers in Hindi or English except in the case of language papers.
(4) Question No. 1 of each paper (Consisting 20 short answer questions each one is to be answered in one or two lines) will be Compulsory. Each question will carry 3 marks,
maximum portion of the syllabi will be covered under these questions.
III. (1) Scaling system will be implemented question paper wise in optional subjects of the Main Examination. According to following formula:-
Scaled marks = M + (x-m) S/s such as
M= Over all mean of non scaled marks (raw marks) of all question papers of all optional subjects of the Main Examination.
x= Non scaled marks (raw marks) obtained by a candidate in a particular question paper of the Optional subject.
m= mean of non-scaled marks (raw marks) of a particular question paper of the Optional subject.
S= Standard deviation of non-scaled marks (raw marks) of all question papers of all optional subjects.
s= Standard deviation of non-scaled marks (raw marks) of a question paper of an optional subject.
(2) There will be no scaling of compulsory subjects. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of total actual marks of compulsory subjects and scaled marks of optional subjects. Number of candidates in merit list prepared in this way will be 3 times of the number of posts advertised in each category and the candidates having equal marks to that of the last selected candidate will be declared qualified for the interview. Non Scaled marks will not be communicated to Candidates.
Preliminary Examination Syllabus
FIRST PAPER: GENERAL STUDIES
1. General Science and Environment - Questions on general science and Environment (Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity & Climate Change) will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline.
2. Current Events of National & International Importance In current events knowledge of significant National and International level will be tested.
3. History of India and Independent India In History, questions of general knowledge related to social, economic and political aspects will be asked. Also, there will be questions on Indian National Movement and Development of Independent
4. (a) Geography of India - There will be questions of general knowledge relating to Physical, social and economic geography. It will also include questions on Indian Agriculture and Natural resources. There will be questions pertaining to demography and census of India.
(b) General Geographical awareness of world.
5. Indian Polity and Economy - Political system and constitution of the country, Panchayati Raj, social system, sustainable economic development, elections, political parties, plans, industrial development, foreign trade and economic and financial institutions.
6. Sports - important games and sports tournaments, Awards, personalities and Renowned Sports Institutions of M.P., India, Asia and World.
7. Geography, History and Culture of M.P. There will be questions related to the development of Mountains, rivers, climate, Flora and Fauna, Minerals transportation in the Geography of Madhya Pradesh. It will also have questions relating to important dynasties of M.P., Contribution of important dynasties in the Histroy & Culture of Madhya Pradesh, There will be questions on Tribals, Arts, Architecture, Fine Arts and Historical personalities of M.P.
8. Polity and Economy of M.P. - Political system, Political parties and elections, Pachyati Raj, Social system and sustainable economic development of M.P. This will also include questions on Industry, Plans, Economic programmes, business, demography and census of M.P.
9. Information and Communication Technology Questions pertaining to characteristics, uses, and terminologies such as website, online, search engine, e-mail, video mail, chatting, video conferencing, hacking, cracking, virus and cyber crime.
10. Scheduled Caste & Scheduled Tribe (Prevention of Atrocities) 1989 (No.33 of 1989) and the Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1955 (No. 22 of 1955)
11. The Protection of Human Rights Act, 1993.
SECOND PAPER: GENERAL APTITUDE TEST
2. Interpersonal skill including communication skill
3. Logical reasoning and analytical ability
4. Decision making and problem solving
5. General mental ability
6. Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, order of magnitude ect. - Class X level) and Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.-Class X level)
7. Hindi Language Comprehension Skill (Class X level)
Note:- Question relating to Hindi Language Comprehension skill of Class X level will be tested through passages from Hindi language only without providing English Translation thereof in the question paper.
मित्रों, जिन्होंने ने भी हमारे यूट्यूब चैनल को सब्सक्राइब कर लिया है उन्हें नए जॉब की जानकारियां ई-मेल के माध्यम से भेजी जायेगी | इसलिए तुरंत हमारे यूट्यूब चैनल पर जाकर सब्सक्राइब का बटन दबाएँ और हमारे चैनल को सब्सक्राइब कर लें
MP Online Employment News
नए जॉब्स की जानकारियां मध्य प्रदेश व छत्तीसगढ़ की विश्वसनीय जॉब वेबसाइट एम पी ऑनलाइन रोजगार समाचार हिंदी में
MP Online Govt Job Employment Newsदेश भर के विभिन्न रिक्रूटमेंट बोर्ड, एम.पी.ऑनलाइन व सरकारी-गैर सरकारी विभाग प्रतिदिन नयी जॉब वेकेंसियाँ निकालते हैं जैसे की संघ लोक सेवा आयोग, एसएससी, मध्य प्रदेश पीएससी, रेलवे, बैंक, व्यापम, एनआरएचएम, MPPKVVCL,निजी क्षेत्र, भारतीय सेना, Teachership नौकरी, आंगनबाड़ी नौकरी एम पी ऑनलाइन के रोजगार समाचार हिंदी में पढ़े
mp online Job Alerts म. प्र. रोजगार समाचारऔर बहुत कुछ | अब अपनी भाषा हिंदी में पायें सही व प्रामाणिक
mponline job Employment News रोजगार समाचार हिंदी एम.पी ऑनलाइनकी जानकारियां, जो आपको अन्यत्र कहीं नहीं मिलेंगी |
MP Online Job & Employment News Portal रोजगार समाचार हिंदीआपको सदैव उपलब्ध कराता है देश व प्रदेश के रोजगार समाचार